Women’s Handgun and Self- Defense Fundamental
Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals is all about the basics—along with the fun, the seriousness, and the importance of being a responsibly armed female.
With three distinct modules (Women’s Basic Pistol, Women’s Intermediate Pistol, and Women’s Defensive Pistol), this course is designed to who are brand new to firearms students and those who are ready to learn more about defensive shooting
It is designed for women who who are brand new to firearms, who are ready to learn more about defensive shooting and seek to begin, improve upon, or add to their firearms skills. The fundamentals of shooting will be introduced, reviewed, and built upon, while also exploring universal safety rules, situational awareness, common types of handguns, ammunition types, marksmanship skills, advanced firearms handling, defensive pistol fundamentals, and the use of deadly force.
The course will be taught in three three distinct modules (Women’s Basic Pistol, Women’s Intermediate Pistol, and Women’s Defensive Pistol) over two day period. The average time in the classroom and range will be 2 hr in class and 4 hrs in range per day of instruction. Students will receive the Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals by by Beth Alcazar, USCCA Associate Editor and Senior Training Counselor, will be given feedback on their shooting exercises, and a certificate upon successful completion of the lessons. Not only are shooting standards fired during the practical exercises, but also a written exam will be given at the end of the course.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of 21 years of age or older.
- Puerto Rico Firearms License.
- Students are required to provide:
- Safe Semi-Auto preferably in 9mm to .45 calibers with all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications.
- “Pocket Pistols” are not allowed.
- Holsters must correctly fit the firearm, completely cover the trigger guard and remain open when the firearm is removed.
- Minimum of 150 rounds of factory ammunition (no hand reloads allowed).
- Electronic hearing protection (mandatory), eye protection and baseball cap.